Continuing Professional Development Audit
In conjunction with
the national requirements as established by CPHR Canada, CPHR Manitoba is required to perform an annual audit of 3%
of CPHR members for their Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours. Audits are conducted to ensure the integrity and standard
of professionalism reflected in the granting of the CPHR designation. It is
important to retain your supporting documentation for all entries claimed for CPD hours for five (5) years after they have occurred. You will be notified by mail if
selected for a CPHR Continuing Professional Development Audit.
If audited, a CPHR
holder must provide supporting documents for all CPD hours gained in the previous three (3) year period to the
CPD Audit Committee within 30 days. The audit will verify both the minimum 100 hour requirement for the previous three (3) years as well as the minimum twenty (20) hour annual requirement. It is important to retain documents
relating to professional development activities. These include the original
description of the program and confirmation of completion issued by the
activity sponsor, payment receipts or outcome reports. These documents must be supplied in hard copy. Each entry in your online log will accept an attachment as proof of the activity. You can use this feature as a back-up for proof of your activity.
The CPHR designation may
be revoked if the CPHR member is unable to satisfy the audit criteria.
1. Keep your supporting documents organized. Be proactive in thinking about possible changes. For example, you may change jobs and no longer have access to files stored.
2. Save supporting documentation beyond the 20 and 100-hour CPD minimums.
3. Upload supporting documentation at the time you upload each entry. This will ensure you have digital records of each activities backup.
4. it is a good idea to establish a list of reference contact phone numbers and email addresses that may be required to be contacted for verification of substantiating information. Should you be chosen for an audit and a reference is requested you will have the information available. The audited member will be contacted first to seek permission prior to any contact being made with a reference.
5. You must be able to validate how many hours you claimed in your log. Track time for all activities and maintain documentation that will prove your hours.
To view a list of acceptable supporting documentation, download the CPD Audit Worksheet here