* Pre-requisite course: Performing Under Pressure - The Science of Emotional Intelligence *
Performing Under Pressure - The Three Conversations of Leadership
People want to make relationships work with their managers, teams, and peers. They want to give formal and informal feedback that improves accountability, clarity and performance. They want to bring their ideas and concerns to the table regardless of who is in the room. What is surprising is the lack of skill and ability most people have to step into the difficult conversations they know they need to have.
Focusing on having effective conversations under pressure, this program will help people conduct daily, difficult and courageous conversations that cultivate teamwork, build connected relationships, and help global, highly matrixed, virtual teams learn to influence and collaborate more skillfully.
In addition to helping you have high-pressure and difficult conversations, you will also gain insight that when you are under pressure, you often have less effective daily conversations, which can erode trust and connection in your key relationships.
This program has been designed for people who are in formal leadership positions and responsible for both the performance and on-going development of their direct reports. This program builds on the foundation of Emotional Intelligence and will enable you to:
- Understand the importance and impact of three critical types of conversations: Daily, Difficult and Courageous Conversations
- Leverage insight from the brain science of emotions to have more effective conversations
- Learn techniques to have high impact daily coaching conversations that build trust and drive results, even in time-constrained, pressure-filled environments
- Practice having difficult conversations in a way that allows you to speak your truth and get to the “last 8%”, while not emotionally triggering the other person. Examples include:
- Engaging people by creating emotional connection when rolling out change
- Delivering bad news or saying “no” in a way that ensures a person is still valued and understands the message
- Providing continuous coaching about behaviour, performance and impact
- Managing up and across when we have limited or no direct authority
- Understand the importance of having a developmental mindset so you can coach people to the next level of performance
There comes a time when we need to have a difficult conversation in the workplace. This program will provide you with the knowledge and techniques required to have the critical conversations that you know you need to have. These kinds of conversations are never easy, but we need the skills to have them in order to consistently drive performance.
|| March 15, 2018
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Continental breakfast served at 8:30 AM
| CPD Hours:
Courtyard Marriott Winnipeg Airport
780 Powerhouse Rd.
| Cost (add GST):
| Registration Deadline:
Registration is limited
| Pre-Requisite Course:
Performing Under Pressure - The Science of Emotional Intelligence
| Cancellation Policy:
21 days or more before start date – 100%**
Less than 21 days - No refund or exchanges.
More details HERE
| Registration Includes:
Continental Breakfast, lunch & health breaks
| Registration Inquiries:
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-943-0886
Facilitator - Sara Ross
In a world where pressure pervades all aspects of our lives, Sara Ross is uniquely skilled in helping people and organizations build their “pressure endurance” so they can be their best, even in the most difficult and pressure-filled situations. This is a skill proving to be a distinct advantage in today’s competitive and fast-paced world.
Sara is a Senior Research Consulting Partner at the Institute for Health and Human Potential (IHHP), the leadership development training firm that wrote the New York Times Bestselling book, “Performing Under Pressure”.
As an advisor, speaker, trainer and executive coach, Sara has supported and challenged a diverse group of leaders from Fortune 500 companies including Allstate, Rogers Communications, New York Life and Xerox, the NBA leadership team of the Orlando Magic, financial institutes such as TD Bank and PricewaterhouseCoopers and leading healthcare organizations such as United Health Group and New York Presbyterian Hospital.
Backed by science and infused with a contagious energy, Sara balances these to inspire leaders and their people to take personal accountability for their performance. She translates the complex science of pressure into simple actionable strategies to be put into practice immediately resulting in new insights and starting true change.
Sara has a Master’s of Science (MSc.),is a certified Language and Behavioral Profiler, is an Executive Leadership and Work/Life Integration Coach and is IHHP’s Master Certifying Practitioner in the “Performing under Pressure” curriculum training programs and assessments.