CPHR Manitoba introduces computer-based testing for NKE
April 9, 2019
Posted by: CPHR Manitoba
Starting in the Fall of 2019, the National Knowledge Exam (NKE) will be moving to computer-based testing (CBT). CPHR Manitoba’s transition from paper to computers will give members security, efficiency and convenience when writing the NKE and aligns the Association with industry best practice.
CPHR Canada has partnered with Yardstick to offer members its exam delivery software, Measure: a user-friendly and intuitive exam delivery platform that is used by a wide variety of certification and licensure bodies in Canada, the United States, and globally.
Starting with the Fall 2019 NKE, writers will have flexibility to pick one of the following timeslots to write the exam – Thursday, October 31 at 9 a.m. or 1 p.m. or Friday, November 1 at 9 a.m. or 1 p.m. – at one of our designated locations in Winnipeg, Brandon, Thompson and Flin Flon.
With Measure, exam writers will have access to numerous tools that will aid them in writing the exam while reducing anxiety. This includes:
· the option to bookmark and revisit questions;
· a “notes” feature for members to write and make reference to throughout the exam;
· a question navigator to easily jump back and forth between questions;
· a time remaining clock with optional reminders at specific intervals (e.g. 5 minutes remaining);
· a language toggle (for French speakers);
· accessibility features such as font size increase/decrease;
· a thumbnail presentation of images with magnification feature;
· a “Submit with unanswered question” check;
· a restrictive copy/paste functionality; and
· question count (e.g. ‘Question 1 of 8’).
Measure provides accessibility for all exam writers and creates efficiencies in answering questions in a completely secured environment.
The NKE registration fees will be as follows:
Exam Fee: $400 + GST
Yardstick Seat Fee: $125 + GST.
Adding computer-based testing to the list of offerings is the next step in CPHR Manitoba’s continued path of growth and advancement for its members and the HR industry.
For more information about the exam and registering for the Fall NKE, visit the NKE section of our website or contact Lori Brûlé, CPHR Candidate, CPHR Designation Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-943-3624.