Becoming a Member
What are the benefits of being a CPHR Manitoba member?
Do I have to be an HR professional to join?
- You do not have to be an HR professional to join. In addition to HR professionals, our membership includes professionals from a variety of disciplines.
How long does it take to become a member?
- Once you create an online profile, it is easy to purchase a membership through the website. Member benefits can be accessed immediately upon receipt of payment for member dues.
How do I sign up for membership?
- To sign up for membership, click here. Once you have created an online profile, submitted payment, and completed the Good Character Attestation, we will review your account for approval. Approval takes no longer than 1-2 business days.
Why do I have to complete a Good Character Attestation?
- The purpose of having a good character requirement for membership is to protect the public interest, promote and maintain the high ethical standards of the profession and maintain public confidence and safeguard the profession.
How can I request my employer to pay my membership dues?
- When checking out on the payment page, select the 'Bill Me' option to have an invoice automatically emailed to you. Alternatively, use this template letter to request reimbursement of your CPHR Manitoba membership dues from your employer.
Is there a membership discount for students?
- A student member rate is available to full-time students enrolled in an undergraduate program. Applications for student membership must include proof of enrolment.
What is considered proof of enrolment?
- We require an unofficial transcript, letter or copy of your course schedule from your school confirming your current registration in the educational institution. All documentation must include your name as well as the program and course details.
Do you have to be a member to attend our events?
- No, you do not have to be a member, however, members receive discounts in the form of member pricing on our events, workshops and webinars.
Does CPHR Manitoba offer consulting services or provide HR advice?
- No, CPHR Manitoba does not offer consulting services or HR advice to its members. We have a section on our website dedicated to providing various resources and news, as well as our HR Toolkit.
Maintaining my Membership
When does my membership come up for renewal?
- Our membership year runs June 1 to May 31. Membership renewal begins March 1. As per our bylaws, renewal (including payment) is due by May 31.
How do I renew my membership?
- You can renew your membership through 'Manage Profile - Membership' in your online profile.
How do I make changes to my online profile?
- Log in and click on 'Manage Profile' and then click on 'Edit Bio'.
Where can I find my CPHR Manitoba payment invoices?
- Log in and click on 'Manage Profile' and then click on 'Invoices'.
I am moving. Can I transfer my membership to another HR association?
- Your membership is NOT transferable across provincial associations. However, your CPHR status can be transferred to your membership with another provincial association.
Can an employer transfer a membership from one employee to another?
- No. Membership is completed on an individual basis and cannot be transferred between individuals.
Can you verify information about a member?
- CPHR Manitoba does not give out information about its members. Members have access to each other's contact information via the online member directory, although they are strictly forbidden from using this information for marketing purposes as per the Member Directory Use policy.
Do I need to maintain my membership in order to keep my designation?
- Yes. To remain designated as a CPHR or CPHR Candidate, you must maintain membership in good standing with CPHR Manitoba. You can find more information about the requirements for maintaining your designation here.
What do I do if my answers to the Good Character Attestation change?