These awards recognize Manitoba businesses that have harnessed the power of HR to advance their business goals. Organizations that have successfully demonstrated leadership in HR programs or services by creating, developing and implementing related initiatives that have resulted in significant and measurable impact to their organization are eligible.
Click here to view the 2020 Business Excellence Award Finalists!
Business Excellence Award Categories
The Ascent Award
For investing in leadership and talent development.
- Establishing a leadership culture
- Offering progressive professional development
- Addressing skills gaps
- Undertaking career path and succession planning
The Impact Award
For making work more meaningful and engaging.
- Culture (inclusion/people focused)
- Corporate social responsibility
- Employee volunteer programs
- Recruitment and retention
- Employer branding
The Vitality Award
For promoting health, safety and wellness.
- Creating a respectful workplace
- Prioritizing mental health
- Keeping people and the organization invested in safety
- Promoting wellness
The Unity Award
For advancing diversity, inclusivity and accessibility at work.
- Establishing a culture of inclusion
- Advancing truth and reconciliation
- Removing barriers to access
- Actualizing the full value of diversity
Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
The initiative was:
- Implemented within the past five years and has been in operation for at least one year
- Developed and carried out in Manitoba
Reading through the nominations of past nominees may assist you in completing your application by giving you ideas of what others have been recognized for.
View past nominees